I work with people who care about the common good.
I am not very ideological, nor am I a fan of the two-party system. I critique republicans and democrats. i strive for justice and insight, not moderation or centrism for their own sake. I forge coalitions. I build consensus. I listen. I help people and groups achieve their goals by showing them where victory can be won, and how to find hearts and minds that can be changed.
Political consulting for:
- Independent candidates and organizations
- Third-party candidates and organizations
- Pro-life Democrats
- #NeverTrump Republicans
- Connecting faith and values to electoral reform
- Anyone who wants to weaken or break the two party system
Explaining faith to politicos:
- Candidates' faith background and influences
- Parties' and candidates' faith outreach efforts
- Demographic data and trends
- Religious leaders' statements and activism
- Conflicts between candidate/party positions and church teaching
Helping people in religious, business, or political orgs understand:
- Denominations and denominational conflict
- Religious coalitions
- Political attitudes and behaviors of clergy
- Religion and media
- Media and politics
- Public opinion
- Religious interest groups
- History of and theological foundations for Christian political engagement
- Catholic social teaching
- The promise and perils of partisanship
- Church and state issues
- The contested meanings of religious freedom
- Single-issue talks on the religious politics of: Immigration reform, income and wealth inequality, abortion, criminal justice reform, capital punishment, gay rights & religious liberty, etc.
- E.J. Dionne, Washington Post columnist and Brookings Institution Senior Fellow
- Rev. Jim Wallis, President and Founder of Sojourners
- Jim Winkler, President and General Secretary of the National Council of Churches
to inquire about my services as a consultant, please use this contact form.